Made in advance Gravy
We generally just use the juices from the tray. We make a roux with 1 tbs of oil from the tray heated, with 1 tbs of plain flour mixed to make a smooth paste and slowly add the juices from the tray & a little stock. However, our friend Lucy swears by Jamie Oliver's gravy.
If you've ordered a crown or breast roll and want some ideas as to what to do with the wings and extra meat this may be good for you.
Get-ahead gravy recipe, makes 1 litre of gravy. Takes about 2hrs and can be made in advance and frozen.
- 2 onions
- 2 carrots
- 2 sticks of celery
- 2 rashers of higher-welfare smoked streaky bacon
- 2 fresh bay leaves
- 2 sprigs of fresh sage
- 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 2 star anise
- 10 free-range chicken wings... or we use turkey wings and spare meat
- olive oil
- 60 ml sherry or port , optional
- 4 tablespoons plain flour
- 2 tablespoons cranberry sauce
Get the full recipe from Jamie Oliver's site